Private Investigator: Applying for Nursing License
Q: I am a registered nurse in the United States of America and I am interested in possibly relocating to Belize in the next couple of years. I have been looking on the net and have not been able to find any information regarding the requirements of licensure in Belize. Can you help? I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.
/s/ via email
A: Belize, like all countries, has councils assigned to various professionals. Nurses fall under the General Nursing Council of Belize and the Registrar of Nurses is Catherine Godinez. In order to apply for a nursing license in the country one needs to fill out the application (06 Nursing License Application) and should include the following:
For additional information contact the Nurses and Midwives Council of Belize at 223-3466.
- Proof of citizenship (birth certificate). If you are a US citizen you need to submit a copy of your birth certificate only.
- Valid identification document (Passport or Social Security Card)
- Notarized and authenticated original degree, diploma or certificate. The final authentication must be that of the Embassy of Belize or British High Commission of that country.
- Official untampered transcript mailed directly to the Nurses and Midwives Council at P.O. Box 933, Belize City, Belize.
- Official translation to English if documents are in any other language.
- Proof that applicant is able to read and write English.
- Non-refundable Application Registration Fee of $150.00Bze made payable in cheque or cash deposit to the Nurses and Midwives Council account.
- Be prepared to provide any other information or record as requested by the Registrar of the Nurses and Midwives Council from time to time.