Boxing in SP features Belizean and Guatemalan boxers
Monday, June 25th, 2012
On the night of Friday June 22th, a large multitude came out to enjoy a night of boxing. The Rafael Angel Nuñez came alive with eight boxing matches featuring Belizean and Guatemalan boxers. During the course of the night, there was also a special presentation by the San Pedro Karate School, whose students displayed some of their techniques to the audience.
Lively spectators filled the bleachers chanting for each boxer as they were called inside the ring before the fights. After the official opening, which including the rendition of both countries’ national anthems, all eyes were on the fighters in the ring.
In the international fights, Belize featured boxer such as Raymond Smith, Max Williams, Sherman Galvez and Mohamed Harmouch, while the Guatemalan team featured Jeffrey Mazoza, Juan Reyes, Nerry Vega and Mayco Tello. Other Belizeans fighters that also took part in local fights were Harold, Brinton Flowers, Orwin Franco, Cesar Lemus, Horace Cadle, Alex Neal Michael Severanes, and Kenyan Righ.
The Result for the fights is as follows:
- Brinton Flowers – Belize (win by split decision) vs. Orwin Franco Belize
- Cesar Lemus – San Pedro vs. Harold – Belize (Win by mismatch)
- Raymond Smith – Belize vs. Mayco Tello – Guatemala (Win by split decision)
- Max Williams – Belize (win by split decision) vs. Nerry Vega – Guatemala
- Horace Cadle San Pedro vs. Alex Neal – Belize (win by split decision)
- Michael Severanes – San Pedro (win by unanimous decision) vs. Kenyan Righ – Belize
- Sherman Galvez – Belize vs. Juan Reyes – Guatemala (Win by TKO)
- Mohamed Harmouch Belize vs. Jeffrey Mazoza – Guatemala (win by unanimous decision)
Medals were given to all fighters by both Mayor of San Pedro Daniel Guerrero and Area Representative for Belize Rural South, Honorable Manuel Heredia Jr.