BTB Announces New Board Of Directors
Monday, May 7th, 2012
Belize City, Belize – May 7, 2012
The Belize Tourism Board (BTB) is proud to announce the appointment of its new Board of Directors. On April 4, 2012, Hon. Manuel Heredia Jr., Minister of Tourism and Culture selected the ten member board, re-appointing three members from the last board and selecting six new board members. Serving the board as an ex-officio member is our newly appointed CEO of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture, Mrs. Tracy Panton.
“The successful and sustainable development of our industry is dependent upon robust leadership and direction,” said the Hon. Manuel Heredia Jr. “I strongly believe the new Board of Directors will be able to ensure positive growth in our tourism industry over the next year.”
Drawn from discipline and expertise, these board members understand their key role in the continued development and achievements of the BTB, translating to an overall economic growth for the Belize Tourism Industry. The new Board Chair, Ian Lizarraga, says he is honored to be serving the industry in this new capacity.
“It is paramount to position Belize globally as one of the most attractive emerging destinations, while ensuring efficiency and improved standards within the industry, and guaranteeing ease of entry for tourists entering Belize,” said Lizarraga. “Our first order of business, however, is to address the hiring of a new Director of Tourism and a new Marketing Director.” Mr. Lizarraga replaces the outgoing chairlady Mariam Roberson from San Ignacio Resort.
The BTB would like to thank its past chairlady and all past members of the BTB’s Board of Directors for their service and dedication to the Tourism Industry.
A full listing of the new Board at the BTB is provided below:
- Ian Lizarraga, Board Chair and Representative for the Belize Western Region of Belize
- Roger Espejo, Representative for the Belize City Council
- Gaspar Guerrero, Representative for San Pedro
- Einer Gomez, Belize Hotel Association Representative
- Neil Bradley, Representative for Caye Caulker and Outer Cayes
- James Scott, Belize Tourism Industry Association Representative
- Robert Pennel, Representative for the Southern Region of Belize
- Emil Arguelles, Attorney-at-Law
- Orlando de la Fuente, Representative for the Northern Region of Belize
For more information on the BTB Board of Directors, please contact Joycelyn Mckoy, Board secretary at Joycelyn@travelbelize.org.