Fire in San Pedro!!

Friday, June 25th, 2010


Fire trucks were heard at the very busy intersection of Tarpon Street and Pescador Drive where a two storey wooden structure, housing Casa Cayo Real Estate among other businesses was under fire. At 2:40pm, June 25th, 2010, the San Pedro Fire Department received a call of a fire at a building located at the corner of Pescador Drive and Tarpon Street.
Officials arrived to find smoke and fire coming from the local eatery/internet cafe Full Chevere. They quickly managed to get the fire under control. After their investigations, it was concluded that the fire started from a microwave in the kitchen area of Full Chevere, and spread to the internet/eating area. Smoke damage extended to the other businesses surrounding the cafe, namely Casa Cayo Real Estate, San Pedro Pharmacy, and the living area upstairs.
The building was insured.

The Reef Radio deejays (DJ Habo & DJ Polo – y su mini Polo) were on the scene and reported live on air for their listeners.
Traffic was backed up as the entrance to Barrier Reef Drive was blocked as officials tried to bring the fire under control.

 

Please help support Local Journalism in Belize

For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.

Click to Donate

Follow The San Pedro Sun News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS

Leave a Reply

Comments are closed on this post.