The Fisheries Department takes this opportunity to inform all fishers and the public that in accordance with the Statutory Instrument 128 of 2021, the Caribbean Spiny Lobster (Panulirus argus) fishing season opens on July 1st, 2022 to February 28th, 2023.
Fisher and the public are encouraged to follow the Lobster Fishery regulation:
1. Minimum carapace length is 3 inches
2. Minimum tail weight is 4 ounces
3. It is illegal to have in possession any soft shell (molting) lobster or female with eggs (berried)
4. It is illegal to remove from any female lobster any eggs or spawn or the setae or fibre to with any eggs or spawn attached.
5. No person persons establishment should have in possession fillet or diced tail.
The public is advised to report any illegal fisheries activity by calling telephone number: 224-4552 or by email: [email protected]
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.
Follow The San Pedro Sun News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS