The Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Hon. John Briceño, met in regular session on March 30, 2021.
• Cabinet received an update from its union consultation team on the progress of discussions with the Joint Union concerning fiscal adjustment efforts. Further consultations will continue on April 5, 2021.
• Cabinet approved the protocols presented by the Ministry of Health & Wellness for the re-opening of casinos scheduled for April 15, 2021.
• Cabinet approved the extension of the curfew to April 15, 2021.
• The Minister of Health & Wellness informed Cabinet that an additional 33,600 AstraZeneca vaccines would be arriving in Belize on Mach 31, 2021. This is the first shipment of vaccines through the COVAX facility.
• Finally, Cabinet supported the call from the Minister of Home Affairs and New Growth Industries for adherence to all safety measures over the Easter weekend and endorsed the “Easter Safety Three Ws Campaign to wash your hands, wear your mask and watch your distance.”
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.
Follow The San Pedro Sun News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS