Sunday, July 19th, 2015
*On Wednesday, July 8th at around 10:30PM, Gang Suppression Unit (GSU) personnel conducted a house search at the residence of 38-year-old Ian Gordon and 37-year-old Lucy Vasquez in the DFC Area, which led to the discovery of two black plastic bags, one containing 82.8 grams of suspected cannabis and the other 9.2 grams of suspected cannabis. Subjects were formally arrested and charged for Drug Trafficking and Possession of Controlled Drugs.
*48-year-old Diane Auxillou of Caye Caulker Village reported that on the Wednesday, July 8th at 8PM she locked and secured her home and went to sleep, leaving the following items on her dining room table; an army green back pack valued at $50, one black in color Lenovo brand laptop valued at $4,0000, one silver in color I-Phone cell phone in a green case with calling number 604-1256 valued at $1,200, one blue in color LG brand flip phone calling number unknown valued at $200, two pink in color Apple brand I-pods valued at $1,400, one white and blue 3B brand speaker valued at $300, one gold plated cross brand pen valued at $120, one brown in color Maui Jim brand Sunglass in a brown case valued at $500, one black in color Ralph Lauren brand sunshades valued at $250, one navy blue in color Tory Burch brand hand bag valued at $100 containing $50, one black in color Calvin Klein brand leather wallet valued at $100, Belize Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, American Express Card, Chase Visa Card and Centuries Bank Card all in the name of Daniel Paitsell. Upon waking up on Thursday, July 9th at 6AM, she notice that all the items were missing. Items total value is $8,470. (Serial number of all items is unknown) Police investigation continues.
*On Friday, July 10th at about 8AM, GSU conducted a search in an apartment complex on Glitter Street, San Pedro Town. Present at the time of the search were Kerdel Meighan, Angela Guerrero Pitts, Enriquetta Teul, Josie Castellanos, Indira Rivero and Rosendo Rubio. Searches were conducted on the roof top of the apartment adjacent to the back verandah of one of the rooms, underneath a small pink in color pillow, was one transparent plastic bag containing 100.4 grams of suspected Cannabis. They were formally arrested and charged for “Possession of Controlled Drugs with Intent to Supply to Another”.
*On Thursday, July 9th between 8AM and 1PM, a team of San Pedro Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB), Special Branch and Quick Response Team (QRT) personnel conducted a joint anti-drugs operation within Caye Caulker Village with the following results:
1) Search was conducted on 52-year-old Charles Coote in Caye Caulker Village which led to the discovery of a silver metal pipe measuring 3 3/4 inches, believed to be used in the connection with smoking controlled drugs. Subject was formally arrested and charged for Possession of Pipe.
2) Search was conducted at the apartment room of 22-year-old Jarine Edwards in Caye Caulker Village which led to the discovery of a paper napkin containing 5.4 grams of suspected Cannabis. Subject was formally arrested and charged for Possession of Controlled Drugs.
3) Search was conducted on a red golf cart with license plate SP-C-2189 which was driven at the time by 25-year-old Akeem Shawn Garcia in Caye Caulker Village. Also on the vehicle was 54-year-old Raul Rosado. The search led to the discovery of a brown cigarette roll containing 1.1 grams of suspected Cannabis. Subjects were formally arrested and charged for Possession of Controlled Drugs.
5) Search was conducted at the residence of 31-year-old Keith Nicholas Anderson in Caye Caulker Village. Also present was 31-year-old Tyrone Grant. The search led to the discovery of a red and white Seven Seas plastic container, containing 9 grams of suspected Cannabis. Subjects were formally arrested and charged for Possession of Controlled Drugs.
9) Search was conducted near the residence of a known drug dealer of 3rd Street, Caye Caulker Village, which led to the discovery of two transparent plastic bags one containing 1.0 gram of suspected Crack Cocaine and the other 2.6 grams of suspected Cannabis. The drugs was labeled and deposited as found property.
10) Search was conducted at the residence of 24-year-old Marleny Marquez in Caye Caulker Village which led to the discovery of brown paper wrapped in a cigarette form containing 4.8 grams of suspected Cannabis. Subject was formally arrested and charged for Possession of Controlled Drugs.
11) Searched was conducted at Caye Caulker Water Taxi in the Cargo Area which led to a small carton box containing a black plastic bag which contained 87 grams of suspected Cannabis. It was labelled and deposited as found property.
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.Click to Donate