Cabinet Minutes – November 29, 2011
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Press Release – GOB, Belmopan – November 29, 2011 – Cabinet met in regular session on Tuesday, 29th November, 2011.
* Cabinet endorsed the National Land Use Policy and Integrated Planning Framework. The National Land Use Policy was developed by the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment through the Forest Department under the auspices of the Mainstreaming and Capacity Building for Sustainable Land Management Project, PIMS 3409.
* Cabinet approved the allocation of two acres of land located within the Ministry of Works Compound, Belmopan, for use as the site for the construction of a building to provide the Bureau of Standards (BBS) with a metrology laboratory, office space, and parking area.
* Cabinet endorsed two bills, the Evidence (Amendment) Bill, 2011, and the Marriage (Amendment) Bill, 2011, for introduction at the next sitting of the House of Representatives.
* Cabinet was informed that the Belize Marketing and Development Corporation (BMDC) paid Toledo rice farmers $40,000 last week, that the farmers will receive $200,000 this week, and that next week another $100,000 will be disbursed.
* The next regular meeting of Cabinet is scheduled for Tuesday, 13th December.
~Office of the Prime Minister
Belmopan, Cayo District ~
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.Click to Donate
Follow The San Pedro Sun News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook. Stay updated via RSS