Government Appoints Ambassadors
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012
Press Release – Government of Belize – April 3, 2012 – Cabinet at its regular meeting today, Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012, approved the appointments of the following Belizeans to the following diplomatic posts abroad:-
*Alfredo Martinez re-appointed as Belize’s Ambassador to Guatemala.
*Nestor Mendez re-appointed as Belize’s Ambassador to Washington and Canada.
* Lois Young appointed as Belize’s Ambassador/Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York.
* Janine Coye Felson to continue as Ambassador/Deputy Per-manent Representative to the United Nations.
* Perla Perdomo appointed as Belize’s High Commission to London, United Kingdom.
* Mark Espat in his role as Leader of the Re-negotiating Team appointed Ambassador for Economic Affairs.
* Cordel Hyde appointed as Consul General in New York.
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.Click to Donate