Saturday, February 1st, 2014
* On Thursday, January 23rd at about 9:30AM, Teressa Weller, and American businesswoman presently staying at a resort on North Ambergris Caye, reported to the San Pedro Police that on Sunday, January 19th at about 10PM she noticed that the windshield of her rented golf cart was missing. The golf cart was parked Barrier Reef Drive while she went out for dinner. Weller stated that she had rented the golf cart earlier in the day from Cholo’s Golf Cart Rental. The golf cart bears license plate number SP-C-1690 and is labeled with company’s logo and the number 4. The windshield is valued at $425. Rafael Cowo, 54 years of age, was arrested as suspect to the crime. Complainant has requested court action.
* On Friday, January 24th, Brian James Roy, 61 year old Canadian Lawyer, presently staying at a resort just south of town reported to the San Pedro Police Station that on Tuesday, January 7th at around 9:30PM he visited the unit that he leased at Reef Village Resort and found that there were several missing items from the condo. Missing was an LG Stereo System valued at $2,200, a BlackBerry Play Book valued at $1,000, Costa del Mar sunshades valued at $1,000 and other assorted groceries and personal items. The total value amounted to $7,680. Pending charges for the theft is Therese Elijio.
* On Wednesday January 22, 2014 at about 6:50AM, one Felipe Roberto Bradley, 34-year-old, Belizean Tour Guide of #1 Seagull Street, San Pedro Town, visited the Police Station to report that between 9:00 PM on Tuesday January 21, 2014 and 6:00AM January 22, 2014 he had an Igloo water cooler, blue and white in color valued at $100.00 on board his boat which was by the Laguna Street Dock. It was safe and secured. On Wednesday January 22nd at about 6:00AM he went to make checks on his boat and observed that his cooler was missing. He made inquiries with several of the people living on Laguna Street and received information that Howell Velasquez a.k.a “Gaboulin” was circling the area up and down. Complainant believes that he is the person that stole this cooler. Court action was requested.
* On Friday, January 24th at about 10AM, Tyson Baptist, 27 years of age, reported to San Pedro Police that at about 1AM on Wednesday, January 22nd while leaving Tackle Box Bar he got into an argument with Kenrick Wake, also known as “Fire Mike”. Police in the area broke up the argument and sent the person away. Baptist continued on his way when he suddenly felt pain in the left side of the neck and noticed a gaping wound. Wade had cut him and was about to cut him again when police officer intervened and escaped by jumping into the sea. Wade was arrested for wounding and is awaiting charges.
* Jaime Cowo, 24years, DOB 18.03.1989 Belizean Bartender of Fidos Restaurant presently residing in the Boca Del Rio Area, San Pedro Town reported to police that on Saturday January 25th, 2014 at about 3:45AM whilst he was at Central Park Area, San Pedro Town along with some friends when he felt a sudden hit to the back of his head and fell to the floor and as he was lying down on the ground he noticed a male person whom he knows as Cadle Middleton who was standing in front of him. Cadle Middleton then kicked him in the stomach area which caused him pain. He then noticed that he received injuries to both his hands. Complainant stated that one of his friends then came and tried to stop Cadle from hitting him again. Court action was requested.
* On Wednesday, January 22nd at about 10:54AM, Rosa Roches, 31 years of age, reported that on Wednesday, January 22nd at about 3AM while socializing at the Central Park, Richard Daly approached her and punched her to the left side of her face. Roches walked away with her friends to get a taxi to go home, but Daly came after her with a piece of cement block and knocked her to the left side of the face causing several scrapes. Richard Daly was arrested and charged for Common Assault.
* On Wednesday, January 22nd at about 12:49PM, 24 year old Christian Smith reported that about 12PM on that same day, she got into an argument with her common law husband Willis Davis, 27 years of age. Davis punched her to the mouth and multiple times in her face. Smith fell to the ground and Davis kicked her several times in the back. Smith managed to get up and go to the Police Station. Davis was arrested and charged for Common Assault.
* Tracey Anne Devlin, 56 year old American web designer, presently living in Ambergris Lake Villas reported to the San Pedro Police station that on Sunday, January 26th between the hours of 2:30PM and 7:30PM someone broke into her apartment. Stolen from her apartment were a HP Laptop, an I-phone 4s and other personal items and appliances. The missing items totaled a value of $6,532. The scene was visited and a search was conducted in the area, where a pink and black knapsack containing some of Devlin’s reported missing items was found. Police also conducted a search on the security guard don duty. Found on the right rear pants pocket of the security guard was an item identified by Devlin as hers. The security guard was identified as 30 year old Marlon Heredia who was arrested and charged for burglary. Items recovered amounted to $5,762.
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.Click to Donate