Christmas Anti-Drug Campaign
Sunday, December 21st, 2014
On Thursday, December 11th between 6AM and 2:30PM, a team of San Pedro Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) and Special Branch personnel conducted a joint anti-drugs operation within San Pedro Town. The operation is aimed at reducing the presence of drugs in the island, especially during the Christmas season. The following persons were detained and charged for “Possession of Controlled Drugs”.
• 22-year-old Silverio Cal was found in possession of a black plastic bag containing 24.8 grams of suspected Cannabis.
• 30-year-old Edward Alexander Ozaeta was found in possession of a transparent plastic bag containing 6.1 grams of suspected Cannabis.
• 45-year-old Stephen Faux was found in possession of a transparent bag containing 0.6 grams of suspected Cannabis.
• 38-year-old Gabriel Chan was found in possession a transparent plastic bag contained 1.0 grams of suspected Cannabis.
• 40-year-old Jason Jeffries was found in possession of 0.2 grams of suspected Cannabis.
• A search was conducted in an empty lot adjacent to a known drugs dealer residence in the San Pedrito Area, San Pedro Town which led to the discovery of a black plastic containing 30 small wrapped transparent bags and one transparent bag containing a total of 36.4 grams of suspected Cannabis. Also found in the said lot was a grey and blue laptop bag containing a dark blue Acer brand laptop wrapped in a plastic and also a black hard drive which are both suspected to be stolen, the matter is presently under investigation by CIB Personnel. The drugs was labeled and deposited as found property.
Please help support Local Journalism in Belize
For the first time in the history of the island's community newspaper, The San Pedro Sun is appealing to their thousands of readers to help support the paper during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since 1991 we have tirelessly provided vital local and national news. Now, more than ever, our community depends on us for trustworthy reporting, but our hard work comes with a cost. We need your support to keep delivering the news you rely on each and every day. Every reader contribution, however big or small, is so valuable. Please support us by making a contribution.Click to Donate